Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Church

It's hard enough to be on time anywhere these days. If I'm ready then Samuel isn't. If he IS ready then he is also hungry and we're not leaving just yet... For someone who prides herself on promptness I have suddenly become quite fluid with the phrase "on time!" Not to worry, one day we will get the hang of it only to throw another baby in the mix and start all over! :) I write all this to say that Tim and I are seeking where God wants us to serve in a Church body. As we sneak in the back row each Sunday, (always after the service has started of course) its frustrating as we weigh in our options, including driving distance, to discover where God will place us. So we set our mind on things above and a plethora of options in and around us. We begin searching (again) shortly after Samuel's birth.
Now Samuel is only (almost) 8 weeks old and yet I have discovered he has a keen since of timing. He is still to young to stay in the nursery on Sunday morning so he accompanies us to service nestled in his car seat fast asleep. For the past 4 weeks, he has managed to sleep through worship time and wake up starving when the teaching begins. It has to be somewhat humorous to see me tripping over a carrier, diaper bag, Bibles, and a husband as I make my escape with a demanding yet adorable little boy. How does this child know?!?

No comments: