Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Doctor's Orders

Samuel and I embarked on an adventure last night! Some wonderful hospital nurse scheduled his appointment in Birmingham, AL at 8:00 am Tuesday morning. Sounds reasonable right? Well, we live an hour and a half away when the 2 lane roads are light on traffic. When I ran the math through my head (including morning rush hour traffic) we would have to be out the door at 6 a.m. Ouch! So I came up with Plan B. Stay the night in Birmingham and arrive fresh and awake for the doctor. We camped out a few blocks away at Micah  & Julianne Butlers' and woke up good and grumpy(Samuel is not a morning person yet)!  We did arrive on time and thankfully I had stuffed the diaper bag with essentials: 'Mater (and friends) , animals, and "cwackuhs".  That kept Samuel entertained at least the first 30 minutes and the talking box produced Elmo which lasted another 30 minutes. I will not relate the nurses instructions for the rest of our time. YUCK!!!! When the doctor finally pranced in just slightly behind schedule (10:00 am) I was mesmerized by the gold chains hanging around his neck. I had this sudden urge to reach over and button up his shirt- I did manage to keep my eyes on his doctoral face and absorb the good tidings, but it was hard! :)

"ALL lab work looks great!"

Music to my ears. Praises to our King of Kings. Tight squeeze to my precious first born in my lap!

We will return every 6 months to check kidney function since sometimes they like to act up 10 years down the road. I'm okay with that. We can return to life as normal as Samuel continues to regain energy and pounds lost.  The morning would not be complete without a quiet ride home with big smiles on our faces -- oh wait -- try a carsick Samuel, vomit all over a car seat, clothes, and mommy. THEN a quiet ride home ! Maybe thats why I never got around to finishing the laundry yesterday. God knew I would need to work on that chore today!



God orchestrates in ways beyond our understanding. From sickness to health, bills and finances, insurance and job insecurity,  God has remained vivid and comprehensive through our tiny huge ordeal.


Praise be to Him who supplies all our needs according to His riches and glory. Amen AND Amen

No comments: