Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Banish Worry Leap for Joy

Though its a little late in coming, Tim and I wanted to express our gratitude and thankfulness for a healthy year for Samuel!!! The end of January 2010 took us for a nasty spill. With e-coli wrecking havoc on Samuel's kidneys we were sent to Children's Hospital in Birmingham, AL.  God was good and sent us the very best of care for our first born son. Samuel was diagnosed with Hemolytic-uremic syndrome and spent 7 long days in the hospital.



As I was glancing through the cell phone pictures (cause who thinks to grab a camera when rushing to a hospital 2 hours away?), I instantly teared up! My precious Samuel, who is at this very moment jumping on the couch and singing--- to get belly laughs out of his baby brother, shows no visible signs of the knock-out drag-out fight that ecoli put him through. I SOOO cherish my slobbery kisses and peanut butter wall art. He is a constant reminder who our Faith lies in. Not modern medicine, skilled doctors, attentive nurses, or even knowledgeable parents can out way the power of Jesus Christ and his saving Grace. 



  "In peace I will lie down and sleep,
   for you alone, LORD,
   make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

**Click on the collages for the "bigger picture"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was reading the blog about Samuel and his hospital stay today.
The night before his body kicked in, I was praying for him, knew nothing about his RSV, but God impressed me to pray for his whole body. I felt like he was laying flat on his stomach and that God had His had on Samuel's entire back touching him. God is so good. Of course the next day I had to call to make sure I wasn't going crazy and Samuel was ok, but I had a peace about him in my soul. I continue to thank God for touching Samuel and believe God's healing is always complete.

--Aunt Renee