Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Emergency? Nah Just a trial run...

3 LOUD KNOCKS on the door told us this wasn't the neighbors. A quick head count let us know the animals were accounted for, so WHO could be calling at our house so soon after breakfast??? Still in my pajamas I voted Tim to answer the door. I heard murmuring and curiosity made me peek around the corner to see Tim looking slightly embarrassed. He looks over at me and the conversation goes something like this:

Tim: Put some clothes on and come here.
Me: Why?
Tim: Its the SHERIFF. PUT SOME CLOTHES ON AND COME HERE.
Me: OH! Could you at least be polite about it? I'm hurrying now!
Tim: JUST put some clothes on Heather

So I did. Jeans, t-shirt, hair up. Scurry to the door. Next conversation:

Sheriff: Ma'am are you alright?
Me: Yes sir
Sheriff: Ma'am is your husband abusing you in any way?
Me: Oh my! Uh-No sir. Whats going on?

APPARENTLY, David had managed to call 911 and hang up. Of course the sheriff must respond to all 911 "hang-up" calls as it could be a domestic dispute. We apologized to the not so happy Sheriff and sent him on his way. Sure I was embarrassed at what David had managed to pull off, but did you see what Tim said???? ;) No wonder the Sheriff was worried. MY husband made me off to be walking around in my birthday suit or something!! Gotta love discretion.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

I laughed until tears came down my face. Then I called Joshua to come read. And I laughed/cried some more. Hugs, friend!

Heather M. said...

thanks friend! :)