Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Scientifically Proven

I read an article recently that  stated children who were allowed to play outside in the elements tend to have a much stronger immune system.


Girls tend to fall short of this mark when they are pampered, fussed over, and drowned in germ-x, ect... As I reflected on my childhood, it seems my parents choose to let me run barefoot, play outside to my hearts content and still squeeze in bath times! I was a healthy child. I want that for my children as well.



I have a feeling I might have tasted dirt a time or two, just might not have enjoyed it as much as this sweet little man seems to be doing.

He has no problem sinking his toes and fingers into murky mud puddles. He delights in painting his clothes, face, and brother with a pasty goop of questionable substance. This kid has a stout immune system...or at least he is working hard at putting one in place. 

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

haha! SO funny how much he likes to eat the mud! Anna tried it but ran to me "Yucky!" That didn't stop her from trying it again :) I think it only took her twice before she realized it didn't taste good. Of course, it's still fun to play in!