Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Helpers Come in all Sizes and so do Weeds

     I have finally begun the horrendous process of de-weeding my flower beds. We live near old cow pastures and apparently the generational weeds are quite stubborn and unrelenting. Not to mention our dogs feel the need to rearrange the strategically placed plants to make a cool dirt bed for frequent naps.  

     Today the weather beckoned me outside and I felt compelled to make the most of a glorious day among the deep rooted greens in my flowering bulbs. Samuel is mostly past napping and was glad to be outside tromping and pulling and scraping alongside his momma. HE got the bright idea to utilize his toys to assist me.  I hired him on the spot!



I pulled the mobs of weeds up and tossed them in a bucket.


 Samuel took the bucket and dumped it in his Loader bucket.


He brought the bucket back to me and hopped on his UN-MOTORIZED pedaling loader and took off for the "dump pile."



He does a pretty nice 3 point turn-a-round if I do say so myself.


Here is the weed pile slowing growing from his patient persistent work.


I'd say he is all tuckered out, but I'm inside taking a water break and he is back on his tracker working. This is just a completed corner I'm showing off! Please note the lovely ground cover surrounding one of my flower pots?? Well that's a weed. W-E-E-D. However, it has pretty flowers and chokes out other weeds, so it has won its rightful place among the store bought lovelies. 

No comments: