Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Help Wanted

So this weekend my van was DEFACED. It looked like someone had major vengeance with me parking in a shady spot. There was an unending squiggly line all the way around the van. Perfect height for a few boys I know who bunk up at my house.



With this knowledge and the freshly opened sidewalk chalk scattered in the driveway, it was easy to pinpoint the culprits.


Here is where I ran into a problem. Though it's easy to tell a child, "no, no." It is not as effective as a punishment that fits the crime. How do I impress upon the long term memory bank? Telling them to wash the car ISN'T punishment. It's sudsy wet fun on a hot summer day. Nope. That is not the solution.

Come on mommas(and dads too)!!! Throw out some helpful tips for creative EFFECTIVE punishment.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Wow. I'll be thinking on this one. You let me know what y'all come up with. If they were just a little older, I can think of all kinds of things, but at this age...I wonder if it's just one of those things that you help them get it cleaned up, have a heart to heart and let them know it's simply not acceptable.

Diana said...

Syd had done similar with crayons and my wall in the past. What finally worked for her was making her throw her crayons in the trash can herself. It was hard (on all of us), but it was the last time she did it.

Heather M. said...

Thanks ladies!