Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Burnt Smiles

As I was reading the words of a seasoned parent I began to feel more at peace seeing her anxieties... She wrote: When we were given the parenting manual that comes with all new babies, which chapter was it that covered being as wise as Solomon? I think those pages were lost out of my book. Wouldn’t life be hugely less stressful if we could make a decision, stick with it, and never second-guess ourselves? I spend an enormous amount of time and energy thinking, “Is this the right decision? Could I have handled that better?" Samuel is only 5 weeks old yet I see many more deliberations down the rode! :) Of course I wouldn't trade sleepless nights, dirty diapers, first smiles, and the sweet sounds of cooing for anything, but just what AM I supposed to do with ceaseless crying and a spreading rash.


On a side note, Tim and I did burn the biscuits for a noble cause. Samuel gave us 5 minutes of genuine smiles this past week that left us in awe and the house in smoke! :)

2 comments:

Kim Free said...

I'm gonna say this a thousand times... but you have one precious looking baby!! :)

Nice blog!

Kate Cooper said...

Samuel!! Girl, I would LOVE to come to Alabama, I will have to see how the finances are for sure. I love your blog! I can't believe you're a Mommy!!! I love you!