Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Feeling Motivated

Let me set the scene... According to the electric meat thermometer sitting on my porch it's 74 degrees (a shout-out to my husband for not putting it up, lol). There's a cool breeze disturbing the wind chimes, an occasional rooster squawk, and a dusty old wicker rocking chair calling my name. I LOVE these moments. I cherish the peace and quiet as much as I enjoy little boy giggles. Both boys are napping at the SAME TIME...something I strive for everyday but rarely get. Here's proof:

 P.S. Samuel got a haircut right before nap. We do own and usually wear shirts!

My hands itch for all the things I am neglecting to accomplish at this moment, but my soul overrides and I take in this beautiful day God has granted me. I want to post my Spring/Summer goals so that my readers may remind me and therefore encourage me to accomplish what I have set out to do. So here goes:

  1. Thin out my Irises. Plant Rose, Hibiscus, and Geranium. Pull weeds (eeeck). 
    1. Let Samuel play in the dirt
    2. Let Samuel plant his own "something"
    3. Maybe I can teach weed pulling as a "fun" activity... You are welcome to drop your kids off at my house for weed pulling parties. I will be happy to feed them a nutritious lunch and supply gallons of water.
  2. Continue to train for my FIRST 5k run. Cotton Row Run is at the end of May. I am supposed to run 3x a week and cross train 3x a week.
    1. The "just had a baby" excuse is over
    2. Both boys enjoy riding in their inline expensive rather nice stroller, so I have NO excuse.
    3. Tim is also training. 
      1. A good encourager 
      2. A wonderful opportunity to spend time with my hubby!
  3. Wash, dry, fold, AND put away laundry all in one day each week
  4. Sell our Honda Pilot. Buy something that carries kids (with cash). Of course this would mean we'd be completely DEBT FREE!
  5. Spend 2 hours each week making homespun Cards.
    1. Let Samuel go to town with his own paint and crayons
    2. David may observe :)
  6. Paint the kitchen
    1. Let Tim do trim. There are a few too many green splotches to count on the boys ceiling. 
  7. Finish the boys room
    1. I know they could care less, but I want to display those newborn hand prints by my friend Aubrey .
    2. I also have giant safari animals... that's cool boy stuff right?!
  8. May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to you Oh Lord! (whether I'm wearing the "wife", "mother," or "friend" hat.)

8 goals and 4 months.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

sounds awesome!! I applaud your list of goals and may create my own list too :)

keep us updated to them too!!