Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Tick Tock the Clock Strikes Back

I love being able to get rid of the afternoon energy outside with light to spare, I do NOT, however, enjoy the change in bedtime! I have been creative ALL WEEK trying to change Samuel to his normal 8:00 p.m. shut-eye! Tonight I resolved to avoid whiny attitude and allowed one toy to accompany him to bed. He chose a car (no surprise there) and I sat listening to tinkering and vrooming noises.

It actually worked.

I have to say I'm a little shocked. There were no complaints, no water breaks, no re-tucking in.... I won't hold my breathe for a repeat tomorrow evening, but this mommy can hope!

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

We do toy time in their beds every night and we set a timer that goes off and then toy time is over. Timers work great w/ boys. Whatever works in getting them to sleep!