Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

My Faithful Followers

I may not have 4 children yet, but I do know something about NO personal space! I realized this morning that no matter where I go (at home) there is always someone or something to trip over!! 

Let' start with Anya...
My silky smooth purring machine predates children AND husband. Rescued from the jaws of several retired tigers (I'm serious about that) she has enjoyed the life of ease these past 5 years. This also means she was queen at one time. She has never actually been "dethroned," just slightly ignored as the family head count expands. She spends her days running from small preying hands while sneaking in TLC(be it kitchen counter or pillow-top love).

And then there is Dakota...

Also rescued from a shelter, this Husky/Greyhound mix is an attention grabber...of sorts. He uses his size to take down small unsuspecting children to dispense slobbery kisses at any given moment. At the same time he always has one eye on who may be lingering in the kitchen, typical dog! He has a knack of squeezing between the oven and me, the sink and me, the changing table and me, the closet and me, the door and me...  Oh yeah have I mentioned he HAS to have 24/7 attention and stays at your feet CONSTANTLY?!?!

And then there's Samuel...
My curious toddler of 20 months is knee deep in pushing his limits. His curiosity sends him in 50 directions at once and his stubborn will allows at least  51 tantrums a day. I love peeking around the corner to see him engrossed in bulldozing cars and puzzle pieces. On the other hand, when he is tired of entertaining himself he and Dakota take turns nipping at my lower extremities. Thankfully my picky eater has a buddy system. IF he doesn't want to eat it then to the floor it goes! Dirt and half chewed food are just what the dog ordered.

And last BUT not least is David...
Obviously this fellow isn't quite mobile yet, but he is quite vocal! At 4 months, David seems content to blow bubbles and explore every wrinkle in his hands and feet.  He also wants to be held and planted smack dab in the middle of the war zone action.  How dare we all leave the room he occupies without toting him along. I believe his verbal skills are developing RIGHT ON TARGET!

As I attempted to put up laundry this morning I saw a pattern emerging. I tripped over kid, dog, cat, dog, toys, kid, kid, cat, dog, toys... well you get the point I think!

No comments: