Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Creative Cleaning

My children are notorious for leaving a trail of crumbs wherever they go. I firmly believe in eating at the table or AT LEAST on tile flooring. Yet somehow cheerios, bananas, and countless other food groups find ways to cling to tiny toes and pants... inevitably making their way throughout the house! At this point in my cleaning strategies, I've just about retired the broom entirely. In its place are my trusty vacuum attachments!!  These small yet wonderful tools can get in cracks and crevices, way under couches and beds, behind the washer, ect... As I was furiously cleaning house today (Tim was entertaining the boys..the house was EMPTY), I began to chuckle at one of my methods of cleaning. I asked myself, "Do other moms vacuum the top of their kitchen table?" So now I'm most curious.  Here's the assignment:

Email/Facebook/Comment on your most unconventional method of cleaning. It can vary from cleaning the house, cleaning out the car, or scrubbing down a kid. I'll repost a compiled list in a week or so. I'll start it off:

  1. Vacuum: Good for retrieving wooden train pieces from behind the TV, under the crib, and the far corner of the closest. 
  2. Vacuum: Also useful for disposing of food particles ON, under and around the kitchen table.

2 comments:

My Three Sons said...

Vacuum: The body, hair and pants of the baby still in the highchair:)
Vacuum: I have vacuumed the top of the table as well.

Elizabeth said...

So I don't consider anything that I do to clean to be "unconventional" however that's probably because it's just how I'm used to doing things...I'm trying to look at my cleaning with a different view to see what others would think of it though..
What I have come up with is that when it's time to water my indoor plants, I just use my cup that I've been drinking water out of...
Also- I pretty much use my vacuum for everything as well!