Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Many hands make composting happen

Ain't it a beauty?! I've been wading through dead leaves, pine straw and garden cast offs for some weeks now. I've also been researching how to reduce our trash pile-up. Since the weather has turned nice, I've got the extra boost to get outside and scratch off some of the TO DO list items. This week it was a bon-a-fide Compost Bin.  Of course, this became a family project...


 After David went down for his morning siesta and Tim headed to town to run errands, Samuel and I were left to load up our newly built bins. I lost count after ten trips...





Samuel eventually gave up helping and just hitched a ride and chatted in his toddler language.


I don't have a "finished" picture, b/c I was to tuckered out to retrieve the camera. I'm looking forward to having home grown nutritious compost to use our our flower and veggie gardens in the spring!

No comments: