Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Feet First

     How do I begin? FIRST, I married my husband for his charm and whit. In turn he gave me adorable handsome sweet boys, many moments of laughter, and godly sense to keep me straight.
     Let's fast forward to today. It's cold and icy outside but I needed a breather and so I volunteered to make the Wal-mart run. As I was exiting the house Tim reminded me the front steps were iced over and to be careful. "Uh-huh" was my reply as I balanced a jug of hot water for my windshield, my grocery list, purse, and large winter coat. I gingerly took my first step and knew I could tackle these steps with the grace of a ballerina.  The second step sent my feet up towards the sky, my bum accepting all the weight of my body and my back catching the remaining force as I slithered bounced down 3 front steps. MY blond moment was NOT in the second step but in the fact that I tried to save my hot water jug and not my body.... WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?! My knight in shining armor heard the crash and responded in record time. After my bruised pride began to calm I paced around the yard determined the fire in my bum could be lived with and I would proceed to run my errands.
     Armed with goodies for my sweet husband I returned home limping and ready for the couch. Sadly I should have foreseen the charm and whit were not to be wasted on my clumsy episode. The rest of the evening I endured wise cracks I shall not utter on this child-friendly blog. That fire still simmers as I bare a blue and purple memory that scans the whole of my left posterior... so because I cherish and adore my sweet husband who couldn't keep his pie hole shut.  This is for you dear-est! :*



p.s. All wise cracks towards my husband are in good faith. Please enjoy the humor of the moment!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!!!!!! Like Mother, like Daughter!!
Can't tell you how your mom looked as she did the same thing. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Aubrey said...

It's funny how those things we adore about our sweetest of sweeties can turn on us when we are already shamed! Take care of you!