Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Worth a snapshot

     Samuel is a picky eater. Healthy non the less. He likes his veggies and rice. Certain soups made by Grandmother. Selective at best. He still enjoys waffle fries and chicken nuggets in between broccoli and peas, but that's the limit on his "junk food cravings." As a mom to the core, I worry over his eating habits and pray he grows out of it some day.  For now I'll sneak in hidden calories among whatever I can. Tonight I was short on ingredients so the menu was scratched and I went digging through the fridge for inspiration. I ended up making breakfast. Creamy hash-brown casserole, Sausage-Cheese Muffins (a glorified sausage ball), and broccoli(kids gotta have the green stuff OK) were served. I asked Samuel if he would like a muffin. In his short lifespan his understanding of muffins involves blueberry, pumpkin cinnamon spice, strawberry, ect... He readily agreed and I set the plate before him. This was his reaction...


Silly kid ate the muffin without batting an eyelash as I pretended not to stare. As you can see I gave up , dug out the camera, and captured this oh-so-picky eater trying something new.

No comments: