Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

From smiles to laughter

This little guy is growing like a weed these days. David just hit the 7 month old mark on Sunday and we're loving (almost) every minute. Those sweet smiles have turned to belly laughs whenever he is observing his big brother's antics. I've been lazy when it comes to food and he is beginning to show signs that we have to work harder to keep up with his metabolism. Being this is the 2nd child, I haven't even glanced at the baby food isle and opt for a more tasteful route. The more I read the more I am convinced that we CREATE picky eaters.  Offer bland food and VOILA you will be pulling out your hair and wondering WHY WON'T MY TODDLER EAT! Can you feel my frustrations with Samuel in that last bit????  This "go round" will be budget friendly and mouth-watering. I simply puree the veggie and fruit of choice or (GASP and FLUTTER),  I just let David chew away on a hunk of banana. Those baby gums are good at mushing too!


Big brother here is beginning to show his independence as he approaches his 2nd birthday. His superior climbing skills ensure he is one step ahead of me most days( as do the bumps and bruises he displays). He loves to "help" in the kitchen and whenever I pull an item from a lower cabinet I can be sure to find Samuel prints covering it. He can undress himself with just a tad bit of assistance and he has become my #1 retriever for almost anything. Though he still has much ground to cover in his talking skills,  I have NO DOUBT that he hears and understands 90% of what I tell him.
We made it to the Chattanooga Aquarium while my cousin came to visit. I'm not sure if Sarah or Samuel enjoyed it more...

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Amen to the feeding them the bananas! We did a lot of that here- it was just too easy. We got some of the teether feeders (http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Safe-Feeder-Made-USA/dp/B000056JCY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1276224711&sr=1-2) at BRU or Target or something and they worked wonderfully!

Glad y'all had fun at the aquarium! Sarah looks so grown up (and I am so old for saying that HA!) Hate I missed her on her trip here!